McCarter & English's Equipment Leasing Practice has practical experience in all aspects of equipment leasing and financing transactions in the U.S. and overseas. Our attorneys have counseled clients on transactions involving aircraft, shipping vessels, automobiles, railcars, locomotives, power facilities, telecommunications, computers, software and other technologies and equipment.
Our diverse range of representation includes vendor programs, federal government lease financing, purchases and sales of portfolios of leased assets, technology equipment leasing/finance, software financing, synthetic leasing, leveraged leases, transportation and movable equipment leasing/financing, energy production, solid waste disposal and similar facilities.
Our equipment leasing attorneys are supported by the dedicated legal resources of our approximately 400 lawyer firm, including attorneys from our tax, finance and project and structured finance practices. We help clients address the relevant issues in the planning stages in order to maximize the benefits and to avoid unnecessary risks. With attorneys in nine offices (Boston, East Brunswick, Hartford, New York, Newark, Philadelphia, Stamford, Washington, DC and Wilmington), our experience and resources allow us to assist clients with the full range of equipment leasing and financing matters.
Representative Equipment Leasing/ Financing Deals
- Lenders in connection with $243 million leveraged lease financing of locomotives
- Lessee in $75 million synthetic lease financing of furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Lender in connection with $24 million synthetic lease financing of power generating equipment in Venezuela
- Seller in connection with $10 million sale of motor vehicle leasing business
- Lender in connection with $10 million charter financing of barges
- U.S. subsidiary of international capital company in connection with over $200 million of lease finance transactions in a typical year.
- Lessee in connection with lease of a corporate jet.
- Seller in connection with sale of more than $250 million portfolio of leases and loans secured by construction and industrial equipment
- Purchaser in connection with the purchase of motor vehicle leasing trust assets and beneficial interests
- Purchasers and Sellers in connection with the purchase and sale of lease financed medical imaging facilities and equipment
- Lender in connection with the lease financing of prefabricated warehousing facilities of the federal government, and associated fixtures and computer hardware to be housed at the facility.
- Lender in connection with the lease financing of temporary housing facilities for federal government personnel and civilians and the subsequent removal and resale of the housing units following termination of the lease.