Our Banking & Finance attorneys regularly represent clients in a wide range of leveraged and commercial finance and lending needs. Our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the needs of both lenders and borrowers and achieve results that preserve the important relationship between both parties. Our clients include the full spectrum of financial institutions, including local and regional banks, insurance companies, private equity and venture capital funds.
Team Approach, Broad Skill Sets: Our attorneys collaborate across many disciplines, including corporate, real estate, construction, public finance and tax, to address the many facets of complicated deals. Our skill in advising clients in structuring and executing transactions of all sizes with complex financing components is complemented by our regulatory and compliance knowledge.
Proven Depth and Range of Experience: Whether facilitating an initial investment, a leveraged acquisition, or syndications involving real property or other assets, we are well-versed in crafting and advising on all types of transactions including:
- Commercial real estate acquisitions and permanent lending
- Construction loans
- Asset-based finance
- Commercial and industrial loans (issuers’, underwriters’ or lenders’ counsel)
- Tax exempt bond financing
- Private bank – lines of credit
- Loan participation, factoring and syndications and inter-creditor agreements
- Bank mergers and branch purchases
- Leveraged acquisitions and buyout financing
- Loan restructuring and workouts
- Multi-state loan transactions
- Hospitality industry lending
- Mezzanine financing
- Sale of loans and other debt instruments
- Condominium development loans
Transactional Guidance Amidst Regulatory Scrutiny: We are fluent in the legislation and rules at the federal level before the Federal Reserve Board, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Office of the Comptroller and the Office of Thrift Supervision as well as at various state banking departments and agencies. One of our partners formerly served as the Commissioner of Banking and Treasurer for the State of New Jersey and currently is Chairman of the Board of the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York.